just for fun: musical spoofs and goofs
Sometimes music can get too stuffy. Occasionally I like to break free from that stuffiness & create humor through music.
Below you'll find a collection of things I've created, either completely anew (plucked from my own brain-grapes), or based on existing material. There is no shortage of funny stuff out there, so I'll be sure to be periodically adding more to this page.
So click some things below, and check back in occasionally for new stuff!
If you enjoy these, feel free to buy me a cup of coffee (click the cup). My next caffeine-kick can help fuel more silly projects...
BLOG POST: "The Comedy and Music of Hans Groiner"
- May 2015
BLOG GRAPHIC: "Music on TV" (Kimmy Schmidt vs. Gilmore Girls)
- August 2015
TRANSCRIPTION: "Duet for French Horn and Chair" (PNG)
TRANSCRIPTION & ARRANGEMENT: A "Little Thing" in "5/4" (PDF)
- Based on a mind-melting (and totally hilarious) Expert Village video
- I spent way too much time on this. It was actually incredibly difficult to transcribe, because what the guy plays makes such little musical/mathematical sense.
- August 2016
BLOG POST: "Musical Driving"
- December 2016
VIDEO: "How to Play Piano During the Winter"
- A re-upload from years past. Share it with your chilly-piano-playing friends.
- December 2016
VIDEO: Key & Peele's sketch comedy song "My Best Friend" with piano
VIDEO: Arrested Development's "Fire Sale" scene with piano
- Process: Melodyne software helped me ascertain pitches and approximate rhythms. I then took that and cleaned it up quite a bit, added harmonies that made sense to the drama of the scene, and practiced the HECK out of it. (Full disclosure: I split the video into 3 chunks, so it's 3 takes of piano cut together for the final product.)
- October 2017 (Reddit link here)
- Sheet music PDF of my arrangement (lead sheet)